POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems with ior : Problems with ior Server Time
12 Aug 2024 01:32:24 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with ior
From: Mick Hazelgrove
Date: 10 Apr 1999 11:54:51
Message: <370f663b.0@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody

As some of you will know I have been attempting to model rough water.

I could not understand why I had no control of the textures until I tried
adding some transparent cones for the spray - they showed...I eventually
traced the problem to ior, turn the ior off in the water HF and the cones
became transparent.

The same applies to stacked hf, the ior in the water makes some of the
higher hfs (I think the parts above the water surface)visible.

Unfortunately turning off the ior changes the waves considerably

Is this a variant of the double illumination bug? is there a fix?

I can partially fix it by placing other completely transparent Hf in the
stack but this only partially solves the prob and I hav'nt been able to work
out the mechanics of it, let alone understand or control it.

any ideas?

Mick